For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic I'm tossing the book at you Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.05.31 00:33
Just an update for those who remember Bob (Bandido1). I received an email today from " Parkinsons Creative Collective, Inc." The book He was involved with before His passing will be publishing within the next few months. (I received the email as They are using some of my material in the book also and needed my release). Bob stopped actively posting on the forum so he could devote more time on this book. It was very important to Him and I'm sure He would want You, His friends to know it has finally come to completion.

"The NeuroWriters Guide to the Peripatetic Pursuit of Parkinson Disease

For those with PD, it's a support group between two covers, and for everyone else, it's a window into the world of living with PD."

They have received grants to distribute one free copy to support groups in the US and Net proceeds from the book will be reinvested in the next printing of the book and other PD education and advocacy efforts.

When I hear anymore on this I'll post so anyone interested can keep up to date.

Bob, I miss Ya Buddy! but I let Your Friends know ......

By mylove On 2013.05.31 00:44
Al, can you pass along purchase info when you get it? Bob is very much missed in this group. I'd love to have a copy of his work, to remember him by.

By jcoff012 On 2013.05.31 10:16
I didn't have the fortune to meet him, but am interested in the book, too, Al...please keep us informed. Jane

By karolinakitty On 2013.06.11 17:46
Let me know too Al...Even though we couldn't sell it... I will put a link on our website to the book.....Bob's wisdom is sorely missed and I too, like mylove, would love to have a copy just because he was involved......

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.11.20 23:56
The book is out! I recieved My copy today (As one of the 130 authors/artists contributing to the book) It's discribed as "a comprehensive beautiful encyclopedia for PD it draws readers in . It's ritten by patients point of view because We are cernainly the experts at living with PD." some snippets from the review by Jon Stamford, PhD,PWP, co-founder of Parkinson's Movement, UK;

"This is a masterpiece, pure and simple. This is a book that will change your perspective on PP forever"

"The book is lso accessible, Individual sections are short and punchy. Personal testimonies abound, providing intimacy and a human scale to the neurobiology. Everything is here--from reactions to diagnosis through to the ethics of sham surgery in clinical trials. And all points in between"

"You may not know it yet but this book is what you have been waiting for!"

For more info and how to order see the MyParkinsons BOOKS page at http://www.myparkinsons.org/parkinsons-disease-books.shtml#creative

By parkinit On 2013.11.21 01:31
Thanks for sharing, Al.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you