For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Update: Weight Loss BRAG!! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2013.06.22 18:00
I am four pounds from my Fourth of July loss of 50 pounds! Can you believe it? So...wish me luck...I am really going for it to lose these last four by then...Then, onward...tons more to go, but I am setting rather unrealistic goals for myself, given that we eat well on this---had strawberry shortcake for lunch, nice!...lol...I keep getting messages from WWs that I am losing too quickly, but, hey, I feel good...right?! LOL

Carl has lost 28 pounds, and I wish he would stop, because he seems gaunt to me. It hasn't affected his meds or health, other than he no longer snores so loudly, so he has been able to lie in bed again...THAT part, I love! ;)

I realize I am bragging about myself, but I have had several emails from friends on this board asking about my losses and if I recommend WWs...I do...I am consistently losing and yes, it does get tiresome being on this for such a long time, but I have such a long way to go and it is a change of lifestyle we both want...so, it's worth it. We are going to keep it as a lifestyle change for the better...

So nice to have to send back a pair of jeans today, because I ordered the size I THOUGHT I was now, only to find it needed to be four sizes smaller! YEA! Four sizes...phew! Just got the smaller ones and they fit without any effort!

It's never too late, everyone...I will be 65 at the end of July and I am hoping these new jeans WON'T fit by then! LOL Hugs and love, Jane

Taking care of ourselves makes us better caregivers and keeps us healthy and better to help our PWP.

By jcoff012 On 2013.06.22 21:07
...in my opinion, of course! Happy weekend!

By Imtired2 On 2013.06.24 10:48
Congratulations, Jane. I know it can be a struggle to make lifestyle changes, but it is well worth it and you are succeeding. Too many people think of losing weight as going on a 'diet', but that is only a temporary solution to their weight problem, and they usually go back to their old habits and weight gain.
Good for you in making those changes.
Dolly

By parkinit On 2013.06.27 20:47
Good for you, Jane. This is not easy and your fortitude and tenacity is admirable!

By carman96 On 2013.06.29 09:41
Good for you and keep up the good work! I lost 60 pounds on WW last year and am a lifetime member now. It is really the best way to go because they are so focused on healthy eating and exercise. I still go to meetings every week and love the support I get there. Also many people have said I have inspired them to go to Weight Watchers.
I am so much healthier now. My blood pressure blood sugar and cholesterol are all normal now. The bonus is I get so many compliments and can wear cute clothes!
40 pounds is a lot! Congratulations!

By carman96 On 2013.06.29 09:49
Oops sorry I meant 50 pounds! Don't worry about losing too fast because there will come a time that it slows down. It all becomes a habit to eat healthy and stay on track and so many ways to keep it from getting boring.
My motivation is to be healthy so I can take care of my husband and that is what has kept me going.

By jcoff012 On 2013.06.29 16:49
Thank you, Carman...lost another two this week, so I am almost there...keep crossing my fingers for the Fourth! That would be the 50...I want to lose a lot more before our trip to Hawaii in October, since we both fear it may be the last...we'll see...I am settin my own goals, and I seem to miss each one by a week! lololol...but, I'm hanging in there...thanks for the well wishes...I only posted because several folks here asked me about it..when I have another milestone, I will post about it again...love and hugs...and congratulations to YOU! Jane

By carman96 On 2013.06.29 23:09
Thanks Jane. It's okay to brag! You are getting healthier and that's important for all of us.
Hugs to you too
Stay cool in this heat!

By jcoff012 On 2013.06.30 20:01
Ugh...supposed to be 107 tomorrow...nd over 101 all week! Ugh, ugh, ugh...lol...at least I am getting a lot of work done in the house!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you