For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic What a horrible weekend/ but looking on the bright side . . . Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By parkinit On 2013.06.27 18:56
WOW! I know Al's sadness in losing a dear friend. My dog, my great friend and companion, had a grand mal seizure Friday morning. He became confused and aggressive with me afterwards. Due to this, I was frightened for my husband who is in a wheelchair. I took the dog to the vet and he thought it would be best to put my dog down. He had 2 more seizures as we were trying to put him to sleep.

On Friday evening, my husband started running a temp and had complained of a stomach ache and nausea the evening before. I took him to the ER. He had a bad UTI with infection in the kidneys. Because he has chronic back pain, these were the only symptoms for him. After 2 days on antibiotics, he again was in the ER on Sunday with a 102.6 temp. He was very weak.

On the bright side of things? I was in deep mourning for my dog and then going through this with my PWP, too, was almost more than I could take. On Sunday, my son called. A friend of his found a puppy. The dog has very similar markings to my previous best friend. He is now my constant companion and sidekick after only a few days.

My husband is on the road to recover with a switch in antibiotics, but is still weak. We have both laughed recently as we haven't done in quite some time at the antics of the new pet.

By carman96 On 2013.06.29 09:25
Wow! That's a lot to go through! Glad things are better.
The last time I lost a dog I went to the pound and got a similar dog by the end of the week. I just couldn't stand seeing my other dog be so sad. They hit it off right away and now 8 years later I still have the same 2 dogs.
It is still so hard to lose a dog but glad you have a new puppy.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you