For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Neurogenic Diversity and Parkinsons Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By mydear On 2013.08.12 02:40 [Edit]
Is there information about Aspergers and Parkinsons? Particularly if there is a difference in the drug regimens prescribed?

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.08.12 08:35
mydear, You'd have to try looking up Asperger's and Parkinson's to see if there is any info out there, I don't know of any. I did find out there is no drug regime to treat Asperger's they only prescribe medicine to treat other problems developed with it like anxiety, depression, hyperactivity and obsessive-compulsive behavior.

Where as in Parkinson's Disease they use many drugs to activate or suppress parts of the brain and to replace chemicals lost due to the dying off of brain cells. Some of the medicines used to treat those side problems in Asperger's can cause Parkinson Like symptoms and lead one to think P.D but the PD like symptoms stop after the medicine is stopped. Hope this helps? Take care, best of luck and hang in there

By mydear On 2013.08.15 01:20 [Edit]
Thanks...I always thought Parkinsons means people move real slow and the voice gets quiet. At times my guy almost trots at such a rapid pace that he can fall a lot. His voice isn't quiet. Fortunately, the VA doctors have reduced the meds. very gradually and the falling has greatly diminished.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you