You are not logged in

Topic Let the light in Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By EachDay On 2013.11.03 21:15
From Leonard Cohenís Anthem:

Ring the bells that still can ring,
Forget your perfect offering,
Thereís a crack in everything,
Thatís how the light gets in.

As I read, most folks who post on this forum are posting because we are trying and trying and trying to be the best caregivers we can be. We did not walk away from our partners or PWPs as Iím sure there are many who did. Those are not the folks who are posting here. We are those who remain loyal, persistence, compassionate, loving but sometimes less than able and it is comforting to know that we are not alone in not being perfect. That is why I read and post. It helps me understand what is happening. We are 17 years into this journey. It does change most every day and I for one need renewed strength for the journey and continued help and comfort.

By makrivah On 2013.11.03 21:32
Well said!

By jcoff012 On 2013.11.03 22:06
Wonderful thoughts! Thank you for the passage.

By VioletV On 2013.11.04 06:42
Thank you EachDay.

By Freespirit On 2013.11.04 08:30
Just what I needed this morning, THANK YOU!!!!

By umajane On 2013.11.04 10:45
I just watched Leonard Cohen sing this on U Tube...Very inspiring words

By carman96 On 2013.11.04 18:33
Very nice, thanks!

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.11.05 00:44
Thank you for posting this I like Leonard Cohen his songs speak volumes

By Lynnie2 On 2013.11.11 14:44
I know it isn't an easy road, but worse for our spouses. I see things that he could be doing to improve himself but he doesn't. I am thankful that he exercises but when you don't have the inclination to do things it's hard. It's the fatigue and lack of strength that stops him from doing more.
I would probably be the same way, but I am just glad his progress is slow.
He has a challenge this week for a driving assessment as I posted on here, so we are just hoping things work out for him.
Thanks for your little poem and caring about the caregivers.
This forum and also another one called Daily Strength give me strength and to know that are other people out there that are going through the same thing. Thanks again.
LYNNIE

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you