For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Looking for advice on prostate investigation. Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By daisy On 2013.11.21 12:53
My DH has an shown an elevated PSA with a sharp increase over the last year. He has been referred to a urologist, whom he has not yet seen and I have been told that a Biopsy will probably be required. Just wondering if anyone has had experience of this with their PDers and how they coped?

By Freespirit On 2013.11.21 14:47
Dear Daisy,
My husband (PWP) also has advanced prostate cancer, so unfortunately, I know more than I wish I did.
Feel free to email me personally. I would be happy to answer any questions and be of any support.

By pat591 On 2013.11.21 16:37
Hi Daisy ~ My husband had prostate treatment several years ago, radioactive seeds, and all went very well. His doctors worked with us so that he was able to stay on his meds. schedule and didn't have to worry about "off" times, etc. He had some urination issues before the treatment and still has them... His PSA tests have been great, we feel that we made the right decision. He also had cataract surgery last year - taking care of problems when they arise has helped us in the long run. Good luck.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you