For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Anyone on Celexa? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2014.01.06 21:00
Carl had a very good checkup with his primary care doctor this morning. However, at Dr. Christine's suggestion, she ordered a prescription for Celexa and, after reading the side effects, Carl is a bit worried about starting it...the dose is low (10 mg) at bedtime for anxiety. Would appreciate if anyone has any experience with it, Thanks, Jane

By mylove On 2014.01.06 22:38
Feel a bit like the wet blanket (and as always, individual results always vary, so take with a grain of salt!). My daughter tried this for anxiety. She said it made her anxiety worse. They moved her to Lexapro, which is Celexa's chemical 'cousin', and has been going strong for about a year with no problems. Your mileage may vary...

By jcoff012 On 2014.01.06 22:49
The doctor gave him low dose and an appointment the first week of February...he is to come in immediately if he has any reactions...Good thing for Carl is that the office is five minutes from our house. Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

He isn't going to start until after Thursday's appointment, so I figured posting now would be good....Jane

By mylove On 2014.01.06 23:41
Trade ya. We saw the neuro today and she added Azilect. Anyone have input on that one? We too have the same 'try it and keep us posted' instructions. Low dose...but it stays in the body for up to sixteen days.

By parkinit On 2014.01.17 18:18
Azilect may help, but be careful using it with meds to relax at night. We were just prescribed Agilent after being off it for 7 months. We couldn't remember why we went off, but when I got home and looked at my nets, he had to remove Azilect. Order take a sleeping aid, Trazadone. Thee are other sleeping aids t May terrace with as well. Our neuro prescribed this withy even checking I nterractions apparently!!

Azilect blocks the enzymes that break down the dopamine.

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by by people like you