For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic The caregiving wife's handbook Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By parkinit On 2014.03.16 13:40
This book, by Diana Denholm, has turned out to be a great book, touching many of the challenges we face as caregivers for our men PWP. I just finished it and found it very helpful. It basically puts all the good caregiving tips (and more) that are scattered throughout this board into one book. They are generic in some senses, but very personal in other ways.

By Lynnie2 On 2014.03.21 13:50
What is the book called? I am Canadian so can get books from Indigo if it is available.
In the meantime, I found the book on Indigo. It was called a Caregiver's Wife's handbook?

By parkinit On 2014.03.22 23:12
Yes, the name is THE CAREGIVING WIFE'S HANDBOOK.

By BCS46 On 2014.04.07 02:36
Thank you for this info. I will check it out.

Seeing that others are facing same or similar issues lessens the feelings of sadness, grieving, anger, confusion.....

By Dixie74 On 2014.04.11 20:14
I just finished this book and it was exactly what I needed. It taught me a lot and I have been using some of her advice and it is helping communication so much. It helped me to realize that I needed to step back and rephrase things. I wish I had read it 10 years ago. Everyone as a caregiver would benefit from it. I have had excellent results with her advise to say.....I realize........However. This keeps my comments from sounding like I am controlling or coming off as a threat. It gives them the idea that you are aware of their input. Definite help for all.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you