For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Ready to spit nails at a Doc Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By pickles On 2014.04.10 23:46
[deleted]

By carman96 On 2014.04.11 08:06
Wow, what's up with that doctor?
My husband has had 3 epidural for his back. They use that "conscious sedation" which is what they use for a colonoscopy, where you aren't totally under and wake up right away. The first one stopped the pain for a few months, the second one maybe two months, and the third one just a couple weeks. Had to fight with workers comp for months for that one.
Now his Neuro told us to look into something called radiofrequency ablation which is a non invasive procedure to deaden the nerves. Why didn't some one tell us about this year's ago? I'll be having to fight workers comp again for sure.
Bottom line I guess is always check with the neurologist before scheduling any procedure.
Good luck at the Dr but try not to rush in making a ruckus. I find they respond better to me if I am nice but insistent.

By Freespirit On 2014.04.11 08:21
Pickles,

I am so sorry for this awful experience you had to go through. I can't even imagine what that must have been like, and I certainly can understand why you were mad about it.

My feeling is simply this: a doc who doesn't pay attention to information in a patient's file is not sharp. Also, to not have the ability to evaluate the situation in front of him, and "see" that your PWP could not consent is another red flag. Lastly, any doc who would "shut me out" of my plan of care for my PWP is so out of touch with understanding PD, that I would just have to turn in the other direction and run as fast as I could from this doc with my PWP under my arm. . .

Q: Do you have durable medical power of attorney over your PWP? If not, this is probably why you were shut out.

By seawench On 2014.04.11 09:47
Recently my PWP's privacy was violated when a niece was able to contact the medical facility and obtain information. There is an investigation to see how she was able to obtain his info. Usually I have to provide the last four of his ss# and then he has to verbally give permission.

It is extremely frustrating that the health care system can not follow the rules and laws as they are plainly outlined - Don't talk to anyone who does not have proper authority - Do comply with the people who Do have the proper legal documents giving them the authority.

Seawench

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you