For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Parkinson's Conference Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Lynnie2 On 2014.04.15 09:29
I registered for the Parkinson's Conference in our area in May.
I was surprised and glad that my spouse who had PD agreed to attend.

There are 4 speakers. One is speaking on How Medication Affects Cognition, another: Through the Looking Glass; Communication in Parkinson's Disease from multiple perspectives.
The other two: Freezing; How a Mysterious Clinical Phenomenon Can Enhance our understanding of Parkinsonism's;
and Not Defined by Diagnosis: Your Power to Rise Above the Label
The speakers are MDS, Speech Language Pathologist , and a person with Parkinson's.

It should be interesting and I never thought my husband would be interested but thank the Lord for small miracles.
I will let you know how it was.

By jcoff012 On 2014.04.15 14:15
Plan on having a break, too...We use any excuse for a time away from PD issues...Like this Monday is Carl's neuro appointment, so we are going to San Francisco on Sunday...taking our time driving up, lunch out, walk around SF for a short bit...then a leisurely ride home on Monday...We still have frequent flyer miles to use, so other than gas and food, not much expense so far...hard on the body with the three hour drive each way, but that's ok too...

I would especially be interested in hearing what the PWP has to say...I think listening to someone who has had PD would be a great resource. Might want to take a few extra $$ for books...the two conferences we have attended offered a wide variety of books for purchase.

Again, have a good time...sit in the back so you can get up if you need to! Hugs, Jane

By Lynnie2 On 2014.04.15 15:42
JANE: If you want to hear a short video of the PWP, her name is Dee Preikschas Brown. She is from Ontario Canada. If you google her the whole name you should find it.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you