For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic From our daughter, Amy.... Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2014.04.19 14:10
Our daughter, Amy (Nigel's Mom), works for Regal Distributing, the parent company of Kendall Jackson Wines. She told us this was a possibility, and on April 14, 4 Foxes Chardonnay was launched here in California. Rick is one of her top bosses at Regal, was on "Undercover Boss", and more importantly, has a wife with Parkinson's. When Carl, my husband, was dx, he called her in her office to talk about Carl and Parkinson's...a gesture which will always remain in my heart...a genuinely sweet, kind man.

They plan to make the wine global, but the launch has happened and I invite you to try to find it and try it. Amy says his personal winery produces some extremely good wines! Jane

4 Foxes Chardonnay Debuts to Raise Money for Michael J. Fox Foundation

New Russian River Valley Chardonnay Donates All Profits to Parkinson's Disease Research

SONOMA COUNTY, CA--(Marketwired - April 14, 2014) - 4 Foxes Chardonnay, a new limited production Sonoma Coast Chardonnay sourced primarily from the acclaimed Russian River Valley, launches this month and will donate 100% of proceeds to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. 4 Foxes is 100% Chardonnay and aged 11 months in 30% French Oak barrels, with delicious hints of apple and pear.

The wine is available now in several states, including Arizona, California, Nevada, New York, Oregon and Washington. The new wine was created by Rick Tigner, best known as the president of Jackson Family Wines (JFW) and noted for his related appearance on the hit CBS TV series UNDERCOVER BOSS in 2012. His 4 Foxes Chardonnay project is unrelated to JFW but was created with support from the company and family.

"As a member of Team Fox -- the grassroots community that raises money for the Michael J. Fox Foundation, a board member of the organization, and most importantly the spouse of someone affected by Parkinson's -- I have been committed for years to helping find a cure for this disease," said Tigner. "It has been my privilege to support the Michael J. Fox Foundation for the past four years, and my vision for 4 Foxes was to create a good wine that supported a great cause. This is a great Chardonnay in the classic Sonoma Coast style that you can enjoy every day and really feel good about."

"The 4 Foxes brand is a perfect expression of what Team Fox is all about: people turning their passions into opportunities to raise dollars and awareness for critically-needed Parkinson's research," said Debi Brooks, co-founder and executive vice chairman of the Michael J. Fox Foundation. "We're grateful to Wendy and Rick Tigner for their contributions to our mission both through Rick's membership on our Board of Directors and their activities with Team Fox. Now the whole family is even more involved. I can't think of anyone better suited to create a delicious everyday wine that gives oenophiles everywhere a new way to give back."

About Rick Tigner and 4 Foxes Chardonnay

4 Foxes Chardonnay was created by wine industry veteran Rick Tigner to raise money for Parkinson's research. Best known as the president of Jackson Family Wines, Tigner launched 4 Foxes to complement his existing support of Team Fox and role as a Board member of the Michael J. Fox Foundation. His wife Wendy Tigner was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 2006 -- since that time the entire Tigner family has worked tirelessly to raise money to fund research and campaign in support of the Foundation. Learn more about 4 Foxes online or via Facebook.

About The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research

As the world's largest nonprofit funder of Parkinson's research, The Michael J. Fox Foundation is dedicated to accelerating a cure for Parkinson's disease and improved therapies for those living with the condition today. The Foundation pursues its goals through an aggressively funded, highly targeted research program coupled with active global engagement of scientists, Parkinson's patients, business leaders, clinical trial participants, donors and volunteers. In addition to funding more than $400 million in research to date, the Foundation has fundamentally altered the trajectory of progress toward a cure. Operating at the hub of worldwide Parkinson's research, the Foundation forges groundbreaking collaborations with industry leaders, academic scientists and government research funders; increases the flow of participants into Parkinson's disease clinical trials with its online tool, Fox Trial Finder; promotes Parkinson's awareness through high-profile advocacy, events and outreach; and coordinates the grassroots involvement of thousands of Team Fox members around the world.

By carman96 On 2014.04.19 17:43
Interesting. Did you try it yet?

By VioletV On 2014.04.19 22:28
My daughter and her family live in Santa Rosa -- I'll suggest that they try to find it.
Thanks!

By jcoff012 On 2014.04.19 22:57
Carman, I am not a wine lover...Amy, of course, has several bottles of it...She is excited that it will be a big fundraiser...

He was so dear to Amy when he heard about Carl...told her if she or us ever needed to talk, just call...Nice to know he will understand in the future...Like Monday, he will allow her to telecommute so we can have the day off from watching Nigel...his preschool is closed, but Carl's appointment is at 11 in San Francisco, so she will work from home.

When I get more information or know how it tastes, I will let everyone know... Jane

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you