For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Loud...I mean LOUD snoring! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2014.05.02 15:03
Just a quick question, please...Carl has been on Sinemet for ten days now, and honestly, since the first night, he now snores excruciatingly loudly! I don't see that as a side effect, but is it? I haven't slept well til last night, and only because I feel asleep first!
Jane

By umajane On 2014.05.02 16:12
Yes Clay snores excessively and so loud.
I am thinking of wearing ear plugs and listening to pod casts until I fall asleep.
I never fall asleep first because as soon as his head hits the pillow he is out cold.

By lurkingforacure On 2014.05.02 23:33
My husband snores so loud we can hear it in the farthest room away. The heavier he gets the worse his snoring gets. I have not been able to sleep in the same room with him for years. We hate it but sleep is necessary. Just one more thing PD takes from us.

By carman96 On 2014.05.03 09:40
I've never heard of it being a side effect of sinemet, but if this just started when Carl started it, sounds likely, for Carl at least. Is he sleeping more soundly? Mike snores off and on, but it's usually not the reason I don't get enough sleep!
Sounds like a good question for the doctor, especially since snoring can mean sleep apnea.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you