For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Condom (external) Catheters/leg bags Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By parkinit On 2014.05.05 15:09
My husband is now using an indwelling catheter and will for the rest of his life. I have some 23mm condom catheters if anyone is interested in trying them. I also have leg bags and some hoses, so you can have the entire set up to try out.

E-mail me your mailing address at "hire caregivers at aol dot com" if you are interested and I'd be happy to mail some to you. I have enough to send out to several of you.

By Freespirit On 2014.05.06 08:37
Parkinit,
I am interested in learning more about the "indwelling catheter." Can you please provide more info on this? This is a surgical procedure, performed by a urologist?
My husband is up and down up to 6 times per night. The regular catheters did not work out for us, and he is pretty much refusing to utilize Depends.
Thank you in advance.

By Freespirit On 2014.05.06 08:44
Nevermind, I looked it up.
Thanks. Not sure hubby would be "eligible" for that.

By parkinit On 2014.05.07 23:43
FreeSpirit -

If he is able to get up and down without assistant, I would say that may be the best (unfortunately) option. Being wet all night will eventually cause the skin to possibly break down and also there is the issue of jock itch from moisture.

What I started doing was putting pads in the briefs so I could rip them out frequently without changing the entire brief. I have a bag of Tena pads if anyone wants to try this as well.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you