For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Forty seven years tomorrow...NICE!! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2014.06.09 20:18
In a few hours, we will celebrate our 47th anniversary...He was 19 and I was 18...and we are still here! A few rough years, many family health issues, but we are still good friends and companions...We have learned to not fret the little things, to look to the future with hope, and to put up with each other's foibles...He is quiet and reserved and I am noisy and outgoing...a good fit, most of the time!

So, to everyone here we have come to call friends, just want you to know we made it another year...No big plans, yet...we are going to plan another four day weekend soon...after my test results the first of July...But, today we shopped and had a nice quiet lunch in Santa Rosa....we have Nigel tomorrow and that should be fun!

Have a great June...we bought some new red, white and blue placemats and napkins...it was fun! Hugs and best wishes to everyone...Jane

PS Got the official letter from the hospital...mammogram is normal...two down, two more tests results and another year's cancer screenings are over! Onward!

By dans316 On 2014.06.09 21:22
Jane and Carl,
Congratulations:)

Know you have heard this a lot, but here it is again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT26Ri1ukH0&feature=kp

Me Ke Aloha
Dan & June

By jcoff012 On 2014.06.09 22:58
Thank you, My Friend...Iz is always welcome! Hugs and aloha to you and June! Planning another trip to Hawaii....lol...probably Oahu this time...in the Spring...

By carman96 On 2014.06.09 23:49
Congratulations Jane and Carl! That's quite a long time together.
So glad your mammogram came out okay. What a relief! I just know the rest of the test results will be good.
I love Iz too! Planning a trip to Maui in July.

By carman96 On 2014.06.09 23:53
By the way Dan, we had a big luau party for our 20th anniversary almost 9 years ago. "In This Life" was our song that we danced to! Made me cry to hear that again. Thanks for posting!

By Mary556 On 2014.06.09 23:57
so sweet! Happy Anniversary, Jane & Carl!

By daisy On 2014.06.10 14:53
So happy for you both. Your love has stood the test of time and everything else. Wishing you both many more years of happiness together.

Love 'n hugs. xx

By Mary556 On 2014.06.11 01:20
When You Were Sweet 16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz-G0gcpQko

When first I saw the love light in your eye,
I thought this world held naught but joy for me.
and even though we drifted far apart,
I never dreamed but what I dreamed of thee.

I love you as I've never loved before
since first I saw you on the village green.
Come to me or my dream of love is o'er.
I love you as I loved you
when you were sweet, when you were sweet sixteen.

(This song touches my heart because my Mom was around sixteen when my Dad first saw her face.)

By moonswife On 2014.06.11 03:25
Happy, happy anniversary Jane & Carl. You deserve a wonderful, quiet day to count your blessings and know you both chose so well 47 years ago today.

By ChiefsWife On 2014.06.11 18:56
I'd like to say Congratulations too! That's wonderful.

By dans316 On 2014.06.11 21:00
Now that the big day is over, I have one more song for Jane and Carl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HoL5n3mb1E&feature=kp

By JulieB On 2014.06.14 08:36
It always makes me smile when I learn about long-lasting marriages -- I hope your anniversary day was a good one, Jane. Carl is so fortunate to have a dear wife as positive and loyal as you are -- I could use a little of that -- can you bottle it and sell it online? ;) Blessings to you both, and your loved ones! xoxo

By jcoff012 On 2014.06.14 13:48
Thank you, Sweet Friends! We had a quiet day, since it is one of the days we keep Nigel from 7-5. We decided to go out to dinner on Thursday night, which we did, including sharing a dessert, so it was fun! We are planning to go to see my Mom in the Fall for her 95th birthday and possibly to North Carolina to visit his brothers and sisters. We tried to plan another trip to Oahu, but decided to wait til Spring. We are pretty low key for most anniversaries, birthdays, etc...Christmas is our big holiday!

Again, thank you all...just wanted everyone to know that PD rears its head, but we keep going...and going...lolol Hugs! Jane

By dans316 On 2014.06.14 14:28
Jane,

Glad you enjoyed the day. June and I frequently share desserts, started years ago when we would visit a local ice cream shoppe and would share a sundae. Anyway, when June started eating less and less, desserts were never a problem for her. So I, being a good partner and caregiver decided we would/should have ice cream every night. Her weight stayed pretty much at about 100 pounds. On April 1, this year after suffering from Atrial flutter, I had an ablation and a pacemaker implanted. The Cardiologist said I should watch what I eat, so I cut out the ice cream. I lost about 10 pounds, but unfortunately, so did June, she is now down to 85 pounds. Her PCP scheduled her for a swallow test and Speech Therapy evaluation because of the weight loss. He also thought the lack of the ice cream may have been a factor in the cause of the weight loss and approved ice cream for her:) but sadly did not approve it for me:(

Me Ke Aloha
Dan

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you