For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Follow through Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By HangingOn On 2014.06.22 08:29
I noticed that unless it is something they are compulsive about, there is no follow through. Drags stuff out to find something and it is left scattered; lights left on, cupboards and doors left open and anything dropped on the floor will stay there until someone else picks it up. On a lighter note it reminds me of having teenagers at home, except I cannot say anything to correct the behavior. Is this a common issue with PWP?

By moonswife On 2014.06.23 10:39
Hi HangingOn,
I see the same behavior in my husband. What I do to calm down is weigh whether picking up fallen items is more dangerous than the mess created. When it is spilled liquid, and a slip fall possible, I do remind him to tell me as soon as possible so I can dry the area, or if I am at work, put a towel over it until I can clean it up. Our tile and hardwood floors can be very dangerous at the time.

By HangingOn On 2014.06.23 11:40
Thank you. This is the kind of stuff I need to learn to deal with and adjust. I am a work in progress with these changes. ;)

By lurkingforacure On 2014.06.24 11:53
We have had this for years. It is really hard to tell your little kids to pick up after themselves when they see daddy leaving stuff all over the place. It is like going backwards, as they are getting better, their dad is getting worse. All I can do is just cope day by day. Some days my husband will close the cabinet door or put his socks in the open basket we use as a hamper so it is as easy as possible, and other days not.

My biggest issue in this dept. is my husband consistently does not flush the toilet. It stinks and I can tell as soon as we walk in the house that it needs to be flushed. Not flushing also causes the most impossible stains in the toilet bowl and our family is at the point where none of the kids will use it unless they absolutely have to. I clean it regularly, and as much as I can, but get so mad about him not flushing it. I have no idea why he won't, and have made several as-nice-as-possible comments about it, but it still goes unflushed. The meds made the urine smell horrible when it just sits in the toilet. Anyone have any suggestions in this department, please share:)

By dans316 On 2014.06.24 13:47
Having seen and used restrooms with automatic flushing, had to wonder if there was anything available for the home. A Google search showed lots of options, here's one example.
http://www.grainger.com/product/RUBBERMAID-Retrofit-Kit-5VUN1

This is another version, slightly cheaper. Installation seems fairly easy.
http://www.touchfreeconcepts.com/products/auto_flush_toilets.php

Not exactly cheap, but I'm sure a plumber might be able to help you.

Dan

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you