For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic I miss my Mom Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Mary556 On 2014.07.12 04:33
My PWP mother was in the hospital for four days last week, then transferred to a rehab facility for the last four days. I have a medical condition that confines me to home and cannot go over to see her. We talk on the phone, but lately Mom is not able to communicate very well. There is a glimmer of hope though. A speech therapist worked with her. For a few moments that day Mom knew me and was able to speak three or four sentences to me as her usual self. What a blessing! We are praying this progress may continue.

It is the middle of the night here on the east coast. Usually once or twice during the night I hear Mom's motion sensor chime when she puts her foot out of the bed, when she has to pee. I make sure she gets safely in and out of the bathroom. We talk for a minute and then we go back to sleep. The house is so quiet now. I hope she will be able to come home soon.

By JulieB On 2014.07.12 15:57
Your mother is so blessed to have you for a daughter, Mary. God strengthen and encourage you as you care for her. I hope she returns home to you soon... xoxo

By LOHENGR1N On 2014.07.12 19:31
Mary, I don't know what to tell you except that We're here, feel your pain and do understand. My Friend I hope this helps even just a little. Even at Our loneliest please remember You're not alone Your Forum family is just the keyboard away.

By moonswife On 2014.07.12 21:39
Mary, echo Julie and Al's sentiments and hope your mother is back home soon.

By Mary556 On 2014.07.13 11:16
I've learned so much at this place where we meet. Your support does help me very much and I think of you all as compassionate, understanding friends. Julie, Al, moonswife, Jane, Carman, thank you especially for your words of encouragement.
I am blessed to have my Dad here with me. This separation from my Mom is very hard on him. They love each other so much.
We are very grateful for every kind thought and prayer.
God bless all of our PWP's and caregivers.

By carman96 On 2014.07.13 21:09
Mary, your parents are lucky to have you. And you are lucky to have them. Hope your Mom comes home soon.

By Mary556 On 2014.07.15 09:43
there have been some upsets for my loved ones this week, but yesterday was so much better. My Mom spoke with me for fifteen minutes in the afternoon and she was herself again. her doctor said the goal is to get her back home in 1-2 more weeks. my Dad has been so upset lately, not eating or sleeping well, having nightmares. he has been confused himself, as a result of exhaustion. Dad was starting to believe that Mom would not ever come back. He does not want to live without her. We believe she has turned a corner now.
I am inspired by all the strong caregivers and PWP's who share here.
(my friend who asked in another thread, PWP = Person with Parkinson's)

By Mary556 On 2014.07.30 23:30
my Mom is not home with us yet. we hope to get her back soon.
she is doing better now but there have been a lot of ups and downs.
there was one very difficult day. we love her so much.
prayers for every PWP and caregiver.

By Michele On 2014.07.30 23:45
Mary, I pray your Mom comes home soon, hope your Dad is taking care of himself. You take care too. Keep us posted!

By Mary556 On 2014.07.31 07:10
thank you, dear.

By Mary556 On 2014.08.20 21:56
My Mom is back home with us now. We are happy.

By Michele On 2014.08.21 00:10
Prayers answered!! Hope things continue to go well. xoxo

By carman96 On 2014.08.21 09:39
Good news Mary!
Hugs!

By jcoff012 On 2014.08.21 14:06
Glad she is home, Mary...sorry to not say that yesterday, but I did read your post...made me smile FOR you. Take care. Jane

By LOHENGR1N On 2014.08.21 15:20
Good for Her! Good for all of You!

By JulieB On 2014.08.25 20:12
Smiling here too -- so glad for you that she's home! xoxo

By Mary556 On 2014.08.26 00:26
It is quite wonderful to have my Mom back. My parents are so happy to be together again! they have been married for 62 years and had only been apart once, for a few weeks when my Dad had his second heart operation.

I am grateful for you all to share this happiness wth me. A bit of sadness still lingers though. My mother has a different level of confusion now and some personality changes. I pray she will recover more of her self as time goes on. We will take extra good care of her and keep hoping for the best.

My Mom froze tonight while walking from her bathroom to her bed. This was her first real experience of freezing (not counting two "locked in" episodes). For a few moments I was worried, but finally realized what was happening. I am so proud of my mother. She did not panic but stayed focused and kept trying to move forward. It seemed like forever before we got across that room.

God bless all PWPs and caregivers.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you