For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Name of form to track symptoms Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By McCall On 2014.07.18 14:07
There is a form the Dr.s use to track the progress of PD and I cannot remember the name of it. I am trying to find it to print out copies to use.
there is a similar one on the Parkinsons Foundation site but I am looking for the one the Dr.s use.
It is something like two names together or something.

By VioletV On 2014.07.18 15:54
There are three here that are, I think, the ones most doctors use:
1. Hoehn and Yahr Staging of Parkinson's Disease,
2. Unified Parkinson Disease Rating Scale (UPDRS), and
3. Schwab and England Activities of Daily Living

Here is a link to all three.
http://neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu/functional/pdstages.htm

VV

By dans316 On 2014.07.18 21:37
thanks for that link, unfortunately if I try to rate my wife, she is at or near the bottom of all three rating methods. Her latest problem is weight loss and we now have to consider a feeding tube. I'm hopeful that her weight has stabilized and we can get some nourishment in her with other methods and avoid the surgery. She has no problem with something like ice cream or milk shakes and I've even thought of the possibility of Gerber's foods.

Me Ke Aloha
Dan

By Mary556 On 2014.07.19 05:09
Aloha, Dan. Would "Ensure" or similar nutrition drink be a possibility for your wife? It is like milkshake in a can but has added nutrients. My Dad wants to get some to supplement my Mom's regular food, when she returns home. when I was unable to eat solid foods after wisdom teeth were pulled, Ensure is what the oral surgeon recommended. You could find it at CVS or possibly a supermarket.
Maybe canned chicken or beef broth w/out MSG or additives would be good?
I've always liked to snack on baby foods myself. Some are more tasty than others.
Prayers for you and your June.

By dans316 On 2014.07.19 07:18
Thanks Mary,

I've been giving June Ensure and even put it in her chocolate milk shakes although she only drinks about 1 per day.

My apologies to McCall and VioletV, I didn't mean to hijack this thread, I should have started a new one.

Me Ke Aloha
Dan

By McCall On 2014.07.20 15:07
Thank you Violetv that was the one I was looking for.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you