For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Doctor finally! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Michele On 2014.07.19 08:56
After 6 years of refusing to go back to a neurologist and two cancelled appointments in the last two months Daddy finally went to his new dr!!! I really liked him and Dad seemed to like him too. I'll just jump to the meds. Started him on sinemet, one every morning can increase to two a day (2nd in evening) on the forth day. In two weeks he is to start the Exelon patch. I pray we will see some improvement or at the very least a slowing down of symptoms.
Any comments or suggestions are welcome:)

By carman96 On 2014.07.23 11:37
That is great that he is finally going. Hope the meds work well and he can get some relief from his symptoms. It's really important for the doctor to get the meds right. This may take some adjustments so try to be patient and make sure you communicate well with the neurologist. Try to get your dad to sign a form to let you talk to the doctor. Do it now while he is cooperative, it may save a lot of hassle in the future.
Good luck to you and your dad, and let us know how it is going.

DISCLAIMER: This website shares news, information, personal opinions, and experiences related to Parkinson's disease and caring for people with Parkinson's. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website and its discussion forum.

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by people like you