For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic June's Guardian Angel working Over Time Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By dans316 On 2014.08.22 16:20
Every Friday, I take June to a Hairdresser to have her hair washed and set. The shop is located in a renovated house and I have to get her up 4 steps onto a porch and then get her inside. Today I got her up the steps without any problem and she started walking toward the door using her walker.
I turned to get her Rollator chair at the bottom of the steps and the next thing I saw was her falling backward down the steps and her head hit the concrete sidewalk. After checking her for broken bones or blood, we got her upright. She seemed fine except for some pain on the back of her head. Luckily several strangers came to our aid, one of them was an RN and she suggested calling an ambulance as I was going to put her in our car and drive her to the ER. Anyway, they did an Xray and Cat Scan and blood work and released her. She seems fine now, someone was watching over her:)

By jcoff012 On 2014.08.22 19:32
Oh, Dan...YOU were watching over her, as always..I am so sorry June hurt herself, but as you say, you only looked away for a minute...

Take care of yourself and give June a big hug from Carl and me...Bless your heart for being such a great husband.
Always, Jane

By carman96 On 2014.08.22 22:55
Sorry Dan. At least she wasn't seriously hurt. How scary. My husband is always falling, and my fear is him getting really injured.
I feel like I have to watch him every minute, but it only takes a second for him to fall. We can't be there every single second.
Guardian angel? Yes you are.

By parkinit On 2014.08.23 16:34
Dan, so glad she is okay. It is difficult to be there every second, but we are there as much as possible.

By dans316 On 2014.08.23 17:00
June is fine today, no ill effects. Well yesterday started on a scary note, but at least it ended a lot better. June won $73 playing bar bingo at the Elks and to top it off, our youngest son who will be celebrating his 50th birthday won $85. She has to go back to her PCP sometime this week as the chest X-ray they took showed fluid on the lungs. She had a pretty good choking spell early in the morning, so maybe it's from that or the silent aspiration she experienced in the swallow test.

By carman96 On 2014.08.23 21:38
It's always fun to win a little money!
I hope June is ok and that the fluid on the lungs goes away.
It's nice that after all that you were still able to go to bingo!

By JulieB On 2014.08.25 20:12
I gasped when I read the details of what happened, and then breathed a huge sigh of relief to know that June didn't hurt herself worse! God bless you as you take such loving care of her, Dan. xoxo

By moonswife On 2014.08.26 00:22
Dan, these are such scary things that happen. We were exiting a cruise and the wheelchair tipped on a blip on the ramp. We watched no less than 4 other passenger vault his head to get off the ship. Real nervous until the ER visit to check him out. Hope we always have those angels in disguise (your RN) sitting in wings waiting to help us.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you