For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Yikes! When things start to pile on... Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By makrivah On 2014.11.13 15:21
As I shared in an earlier post, My PWP's lower back pain finally diagnosed as spine troubles. Second opinion said surgery down the road with a Steroid injection scheduled for tomorrow. He's been waiting several weeks for relief.

Now for the last two days he has been complaining about not feeling well overall, nothing specific. I chalk it up to PD stuff. This morning he wakes up in pain with bad rash under arm running along rib cage, through his chest area (particularly around the nipple...poor guy). Off to urgent care. As expected, shingles. On antibiotic for 10 days. Injection rescheduled for Dec. 4 so 10 days of shingles plus lower back pain.

Oh, did I mention that on Tuesday I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea. I feel lousy, tired, low grade temperature, blah blah blah. On meds.

So he gets lots of TLC from me. Reciprocation? Not so much. So chin up and keep on smiling.
:)

By carman96 On 2014.11.13 17:25
Wow. That's a lot all at once. Hope you feel better soon.

By Mary556 On 2014.11.13 18:07
oh dear, makrivah, it doesn't rain but it pours.
I hope you and your husband both will be feeling better soon.
Best wishes and prayers for you.

By mylove On 2014.11.13 20:25
Oh no. :(. Hugs, and hope it passes soon.

By Trusting On 2014.11.14 13:49
I wish I had some beautiful words that would help you today. I know your heart is breaking for his pain but I also know sometimes we just need someone to take care of us. Many times I have sat in my recliner thinking, "I wish my mamma was alive. She would take care of me." I know that sounds silly but just to have someone bring us a cup of tea, fix us a sandwich, or make us some soup when we're sick would be nice. Then I watch him and I'm thankful that I can still help him in his time of need. Blessings and hugs to you.

By makrivah On 2014.11.14 21:02
Thank you everyone.

Trusting, I miss my Mom too. It's been so long since someone has had my back.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you