For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Had to say goodbye to another dog Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By carman96 On 2014.11.29 11:26
We had to put our sweet Gracie to sleep on Wednesday. It is the first time in 39 years I haven't had a dog.
I'm absolutely heart broken.

By jcoff012 On 2014.11.29 19:07
Bless your kind heart, Carman. I won't give you any advice, just know you are not alone. Peace now. Take it one day at a time.

By carman96 On 2014.11.29 22:34
Thanks Jane.

By LOHENGR1N On 2014.11.30 00:11
Sorry you lost your loyal companion, they leave such a large hole in our lives and are dearly missed.

By carman96 On 2014.11.30 10:19
Thanks Al. I know you love dogs too. They are part of the family. It's so weird not having a dog to greet me at the door and follow me everywhere.

By makrivah On 2014.11.30 14:23
My heart breaks for you. Dogs fill our hearts with joy. May your memory of Gracie bring smiles.

By lurkingforacure On 2014.11.30 15:11
So hard, especially when you are having to deal with PD too. It helps me to plant a special tree when a beloved pet dies, perhaps that may be something you may find comforting as well.

By umajane On 2014.12.01 01:22
So sorry Carman for your loss.

By daisy On 2014.12.01 08:42
I'm sorry for the loss you are feeling. I know that we become so attached to our beloved pets, it's like losing something precious.

By Trusting On 2014.12.01 16:57
I also understand your loss and am sorry. I have one dog that I'm going to have to have put down very soon. She has been faithful and loyal and it will be hard. We also have an 8 year old dog and just brought in a 3 month old puppy to bond with the 8 yr old in preparation for the other one's death.
My husband with the PD said he didn't want to get another dog. I told him we would try it and if she didn't work out we could send her back to her previous owners. Well, I knew if he had her around he'd fall in love and he has. There is always a smile on his face with the puppy comes into his room. They are a lot of work but so worth it. I think we caregivers need that unconditional love so please, don't hesitate to visit a shelter and adopt another pet. I didn't mean to go on and on and know how deeply you hurt. Please know that I care.

By carman96 On 2014.12.01 22:19
Thanks everyone. We are about to make a big downsizing move so when we get settled we will probably get another dog. We always had two dogs so when one died there would still be a dog left, then we would get another. But our other dog died last year and we did not get another this time. I had hoped Gracie would live another couple of years but it was not to be. It's just so weird to not have a dog following me around. We always had big dogs.
I think the next one will have to be a lap dog for my husband.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you