For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Hearing music that's not there Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jaxrock On 2015.01.26 10:07
Has anyone's PWP experienced this? My husband, yesterday, heard opera in the background...(no radio or tv was on). for about 10 minutes....then, later in the day, he heard "a man singing like Frank Sinatra" coming out of the ceiling lights in the kitchen...again, no radio or tv was on. That also lasted about 10 minutes....he says its pleasant....doesn't seem to disturb him....But, I'm concerned....

By Freespirit On 2015.01.26 11:46
Sounds like an auditory hallucination. Glad he is enjoying it at least. :)

By JulieB On 2015.01.26 15:26
Jaxrock, Yes, this can happen in Parkinson's when there is dementia involved, particularly Lewy Body Dementia. My husband Michael has frequent auditory hallucinations along with the visual ones. They are quite detailed and real to him. :(

xoxo

By LOHENGR1N On 2015.01.26 16:55
It can also happen as a side effect of our medication, has he added or increased MED's in the last year or few months as it can take time for levels to reach causing hallucinations. Many jump to dementia when medication is the culprit. It can be unsettling to have happen if it bothers him adjusting medication can help if that's the cause.

By jaxrock On 2015.01.26 19:54
Thank you all....I appreciate your insight and suggestions...
I do know he's very sensitive to his meds.....the slightest change can derail him...
You've given me some thoughtful answers...
I appreciate it!

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you