For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Have to rant! Girl Scout cookies! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2015.02.07 21:12
Lololol....Girl Scout cookies are FIVE dollars a box! Lolol thanks for listening...They were Fifty cents a box when I sold them sixty years ago! I AM OLD!!!! lolo

By makrivah On 2015.02.07 21:41
Ditto. And our troop only got to keep a dime.

By Trusting On 2015.02.07 22:45
That's why I don't buy girl scout cookies. I will donate to the girl scouts but not buy cookies. I wonder how much of that amount they get to keep. I know, I guess that makes me a scrooge. :)

By makrivah On 2015.02.07 22:59
Curiosity got me. From the GSofA site:
"On average, Girl Scout council (National) net revenue is approximately 6575 percent of the local retail price, and the amount that is shared with participating Girl Scout troops and groups, referred to as troop proceeds, is approximately 1020 percent of the local retail price."
So, if my troop sold a box for fifty cents in the 1950s and we got to keep a dime, the percentage has stayed the same.
Just a light diversion on a Saturday evening.

By Lynnie2 On 2015.02.09 14:18
I think they are more than $5 around here and the cookies don't taste the same as years ago and the boxes are smaller.
Nothing stays the same for sure.

By parkinit On 2015.03.01 21:05
I remember paying $2 a box for them. Wasn't thst just last year?? LOL

By mylove On 2015.03.01 22:32
Here's a funny....I buy from every little girl that asks me personally, as well as from coworkers' kids. It's karma for all the times we had to go through this for our own kids, right?

So....from two separate coworkers' kids, cookies were $4 per box. The neighborhood girls who came door to door just delivered what I ordered from them - at $5 per box! Hmmmmm. Lol

Is it a cookie crime syndicate?

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you