For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Finally free Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By JulieB On 2015.02.16 10:17
Dear friends,

My beloved husband Michael (age 65), died of a massive stroke on February 9th. We were able to bring him home for the last days of his life, and our whole family cared for him, camped out on our bedroom floor, loved on him, sang our favorite hymns, and poured every ounce of love out on him before he went to meet the God he has loved since he was 30 years old.

He was unresponsive for one week after the stroke (which happened on February 2nd), with the exception of intermittent periods over two days, when he opened his eyes, squeezed our hands, cried when scripture was read to him and old friends hugged him, and smiled when he saw my face. What gifts these times were to our family!

I have times when I'm not sure how I will go on without such a good man, but I'm also very grateful that Michael is finally free from Parkinson's and Lewy Body Dementia, free from the prison his body had become.

I want to thank you all for the encouragement and kindness you've shared with me here. I have read all your stories and felt less alone here, and I pray that peace and hope and joy come to all of you as you walk through this Parkinson's journey with your loved ones.

God bless you all,

Julie xoxoxo

By daisy On 2015.02.16 11:46
Oh Julie,
I'm so saddened to hear of your precious loss and so glad to know that you and your beloved Michael knew such great joy and blessings during his final few days.

My special prayers go with you today and during the coming days. Hugs..

By LOHENGR1N On 2015.02.16 12:51
Julie, sincere condolences to you and your family. In these dark days may G-d light your path. Laugh when you can, cry when you must and take time to heal. Sincerely Al

By lurkingforacure On 2015.02.16 15:39
Julie,

My sincere condolences to you and your family. I know you will be at peace as you navigate through this, you were a wonderful wife and caregiver to your husband and a shining example to those of us here. Hugs, lfac

By Mary556 On 2015.02.16 16:01
So sorry for your loss, Julie. I am crying and praying with you. Your dear, sweet Michael. Yes, he is free now. every tear wiped away. What a great comfort that he could be at home with you during his last days on this earth. Those were precious moments of being aware and at peace, showered by your love. Julie, thank you for everything you have shared with us here and for your loving kindness that has been an inspiration to me. I will continue to remember you in prayers and will remember your Michael's beautiful spirit.
Peace be with you.
Mary

By VioletV On 2015.02.16 16:47
Dear Julie,

My sincere condolences on your loss. Michael was a fortunate man, in the midst of the terrible difficulty of PD/LBD, to have you at his side. I hope you will find your way into your future, with the knowledge that you gave your all to him.

With deep respect
Violet

By jcoff012 On 2015.02.16 19:05
Julie, your beautiful post will help so many. Thank you for taking time to let us all know about your Michael. May you find peaceful sleep and rest now and may you know the solace of a life well lived through years of love together.

We all want to find the peace you have shared. Take care of yourself as you move forward. This news makes me sad and happy at the same time...sad for the loss of Michael, but happy you had and have the kind of love that will endure. Til you meet Michael again, love and peace, Jane

By jaxrock On 2015.02.18 08:43
Oh, Julie, I'm so sorry.......
Even though your wonderful husband suffered, it's still so sad that you lost him....
My sincere condolences...

Pr............

By carman96 On 2015.02.18 08:46
Julie, I'm so sorry for your loss. How wonderful that you were able to bring him home and have everyone there with him. That's the way I would want to go--surrounded by the love of family.
I hope you find peace and comfort as you embark on this new phase of your life.

By Freespirit On 2015.02.18 11:02
God bless you, Julie, in the loss of your husband.

By Michele On 2015.02.18 23:49
So very sorry for your loss. May God give you and your family peace and comfort during this difficult time. My prayers for you and yours.

By Trusting On 2015.02.22 17:08
You have my condolences Julie. I am glad you have been there for him through this journey have been here to help us. My prayers will be with you and your family.

By Witsend On 2015.02.22 23:57
My sincere condolences, Julie. May you find peace in the days to come.
Joni

By JulieB On 2015.02.23 08:05
Thank you to everyone who commented -- I am grateful for your loving wishes and understanding. xoxo

By parkinit On 2015.03.01 21:03
Julie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I, too, lost my husband on December 4 and just now am able to come back to this board. I just needed a PD break for awhile. May God keep you in his tender care.

By carman96 On 2015.03.02 07:04
Parinknit, so sorry to hear about your husband. I know you were a loving wife and caregiver.

By Marilyn-NJ On 2015.03.02 16:28
Julie - it's been awhile since I've been on the site. I am so saddened for your loss. Please know that through your journey you have been so very inspirational and generous in what you've shared with us. May peace come to you and your family.

By ResistanceFutil On 2015.03.02 17:33
Julie and Parknit - my deepest condolences for the loss each of you has experienced.

By Mary556 On 2015.03.03 13:34
Peace be with you, parkinit. I'm very sorry for your loss as well. I was praying for your husband and yourself since you told us he was in hospice. Hoping you will be blessed with peaceful, restful days. I have learned a lot from you through this forum and thank you again for all your helpfuless and kind encouragement.
God bless you.

By LOHENGR1N On 2015.03.03 16:00
parkinit, My condolences to You and Yours My friend. Take time to heal. Please know I find it harder and harder to write condolences one would think that after all this time and the many written it would become easier? However it isn't. Maybe the compassion, strength and love show by You Caregivers and the Patients here rubs off on Us all or maybe because of these qualities within Us We're selected to travel this path to it's bitter end. I don't know the whys. I do know it is My Honor to walk this path with each and every Caregiver here You are all towers of steadfastness in this stormy sea.

By JulieB On 2015.03.04 07:50
parkinit, ohhhh, my hugs and understanding are going out to you. It's harder than we ever brace ourselves for. I will be praying for you, and thank you for all you have shared here. God rest you, guide you and give you joy in His time. xoxoxo Julie

By jcoff012 On 2015.03.06 22:14
Park,

I have been off quite a bit lately because of my own health issues, so it is with a heavy heart that I read your news. I truly wish I could have comforted you at the time, but know you are held close, albeit virtually.

You were a good wife and an understanding caregiver, but you must know that...you did your best and he was lucky to share his life with you.

If any of us can help you, please post. We are here. take care, Dear Heart, Jane

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you