For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic New Neurologist, Great Results Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By umajane On 2015.03.11 20:31
In January my husband switched doctors.
As soon as he saw my husband he said that he was under medicated. He has slowly been giving him more Sinemet. His movement has so greatly improved..he is less stiff, gets up easily, in and out of car simple. He is dressing himself better etc. His drooling has nearly stopped.
He is making large changes in his meds overall. Today he had a small dosage of Botox for the little drooling he still does.
Believe me it is not perfect but WOW what a difference. We are enjoying every minute of this. He still tires very easily and we are working on that...Just wanted to share some good news.

By makrivah On 2015.03.11 20:52
HIP! HIP! HOORAY! WONDERFUL NEWS!

By LOHENGR1N On 2015.03.11 21:22
Great news! We need a little unexpected sunshine every so often (a lot more often) to brighten the journey!

By jcoff012 On 2015.03.11 21:28
Jane, that is WONDERFUL news! Hugs, Jane

By carman96 On 2015.03.11 22:55
That's great! We are always worried about being overmedicated, but sometimes increasing meds can help a lot! Glad it helps your hubby.

By bksquared On 2015.03.11 23:54
So happy for the two of you. The right doc with medical knowledge makes all the difference. The correct drug cocktail can improve the quality of his life. Keep him moving to build up stamina and keep his muscles toned.

By jaxrock On 2015.03.12 10:59
Wonderful! Gives me hope..
My husband's neurologist retired this week.....we'll meet with the new doctor in April...
I'm considering this a good thing...His neurologist has taken excellent care of him for 13 years.....but, I think new "eyes and ears" will be a good thing.
I'm so glad things are going well for you both...
So nice to read an upbeat post!

By umajane On 2015.03.12 11:27
jaxrock
When I learned that our neurologist was leaving the facility I was concerned. Then they gave us the director and the minute he saw my husband and his stiffness he said "oh my you are under medicated." He is raising the doze every so slowly with an appointment monthly.
He also sits next to my husband not across the desk looking at the computer.
Sometimes although scarey change is a wonderful new development. Good Luck!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you