For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Sad news this morning..Mom died early AM... Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2015.03.12 17:01
It has been a long time, filled with twice or three times a day phone calls, but when I came downstairs to my cell phone ringing, I heard my brother say, "Jane, she's gone." I had NO idea...I had left my cell downstairs and he had been updating me throughout the night! Needless to say, I was shocked! She fell in her bathroom at the assisted living and broke her nose. Because of her health issues and blood thinners, they couldn't stop the bleeding and her body shut down.

As most of you know, my Mom lived to 95, but has been struggling these last six months. As if coping with Carl's PD wasn't enough, we have been constantly trying to bolster her spirits...It has been very wearing...

So, in many ways, now we "only" have to deal with PD...To all of you here, I know you will understand that it doesn't matter how old she was, she was still my Mom, and I will miss her...to borrow her final words to me last night..."Love you, Honey..." jane

By makrivah On 2015.03.12 17:10
My sincere condolences. Losing your Mom is very hard. I felt like the longer mine lived, the closer we were. May your memories bring you peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

By LOHENGR1N On 2015.03.12 17:43
My sincere condolences to to You Jane and your family on your loss

By Trusting On 2015.03.12 21:02
Jane, I am sincerely sorry for your loss. It is never easy. I'm sending prayers and hugs to you and your family.

By Mary556 On 2015.03.12 21:59
Jane, I'm sorry for your loss of your dear Mom. God rest her soul. She is a strong lady who lived her life well. Her apples did not fall far from the tree. Peace be with you and your family.

By umajane On 2015.03.12 22:44
Jane....I am so sorry for you and your family. She sounded like an amazing woman.

By carman96 On 2015.03.13 01:04
So sorry Jane.

By jaxrock On 2015.03.13 10:23
So sorry to read this....my condolences to you...

By Lynnie2 On 2015.03.13 11:37
My thoughts are with you at this time.
I am so sorry.

My father also lived a long time, almost 97 and he was good up until the end. I still miss him, and it's been over 10 years now.
We used to have talks and he always knew if something was bothering me.

Hopefully you have good memories like me that will keep you from feeling too sad.

By JulieB On 2015.03.13 14:58
Jane,

My mom was ill for a long time and as much as I thought I was prepared for her death, I wasn't. It's never a good time to lose your mother. I'm so sorry for you, and pray that you are comforted by good memories and by the people who love you,

Julie xoxo

By lurkingforacure On 2015.03.13 20:28
I am so sorry for your loss Jane. As someone mentioned, there is no good time to lose your mom, and it's always hard. You are in our prayers.

By Michele On 2015.03.15 22:56
Jane I am so very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

By VioletV On 2015.03.16 20:54
Jane,
I am so sad about your loss of your dear mother. My thoughts are with you.

VV

By Freespirit On 2015.03.17 15:49
My condolences in the loss of your dear mother, Jane.

By mylove On 2015.03.18 00:19
I've picked up the pad ten times to compose an email to you that would mean something, but in the end, it all comes back to sorry. I can't imagine what you must be going through, and I wish it weren't so. Many hugs to you, my friend. I know I'm terrible at these words, but know we are thinking of you, and we are sorry for your pain. Here always when you need a friend.

By moonswife On 2015.03.22 23:09
Jane, I feel the same way mylove feels. Words defy me. I cannot express my sorrow accurately. Just know there is a community out here that aches knowing how hard these weeks have been for you.

By jcoff012 On 2015.03.25 14:13
We are home now. Thank you all. I am greatly touched. Still dealing with not having our car...wouldn't start...it is only a 2014, so it should! Been almost a week, but it is finally towed to the dealer...let's see where this goes...just what we needed after all the sorrow...

But, we did it and my younger brother was amazing...Mom would have been surprised and amazed!

Again, thank you. Jane

By Witsend On 2015.03.25 15:01
Jane, I am so sorry for your loss. At whatever age a mother dies, it is always too soon. I'm thinking of you at this time.
Joni

By Daybyday On 2015.03.30 15:12
Jane, deepest condolences on the loss of your dear mother. Treasure your memories.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you