For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic My Husband has transitioned Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Witsend On 2015.03.31 00:21
My beloved husband passed away today, which is his 80th birthday. I was with him and holding his hand until his last breath, which was very peaceful. He was the love of my life, and I cannot imagine how to live without him. The strength you all show me tells me I can do it, even though everything in me tells me I cannot. I can't thank you all enough for your love and support, and I will continue to stay on this forum as I adjust to my new role as a widow.

Love to all,
Joni

By LOHENGR1N On 2015.03.31 00:54
My sincere condolences to you and your family upon your loss. Take time to heal, you are in our thoughts and hearts.

By carman96 On 2015.03.31 09:23
I'm so sorry Joni. You are a very loving person who did all you could to help your husband. I know you will miss him terribly. I hope you can find some comfort knowing that he is now at peace.
Hugs

By ResistanceFutil On 2015.03.31 09:55
I am so sorry for your loss. May you be at peace.

By jaxrock On 2015.03.31 10:37
Oh, Joni.........what a loss.
You have the next chapter of your life ahead of you....but, your love for your husband will be with you always..and his love for you.
My prayers are with you during this very sad and lonely time.

By Trusting On 2015.03.31 12:04
I am so sorry for your loss. I know your new phase of life won't be easy but I hope you can learn how to take care of you now. I know your husband would have wanted you to do that.

By jcoff012 On 2015.03.31 20:15
Joni,
I truly wish I had the right words to share with you. The love will go on, as will you...take it one day at a time. When you are lonely or when you are trying to handle daily events, remember your own words...you spent a life together and you held his hand as hr peacefully slipped away. Such a beautiful way to part. We all wish you well and are sorry for your loss. jane

By makrivah On 2015.03.31 22:13
My deepest condolences to you and your family. May you find comfort in your fondest memories of your life together.

By Mary556 On 2015.03.31 22:59
I'm so sorry for your bereavement, Joni. What a beautiful transition for your husband, to pass so peacefully while holding hands with the love of his life, and on his birthday... it is almost as if he was celebrating the preciousness of all his years at that moment, everything he held dear.
Praying for your comfort as you continue on. You will find strength when you need to be strong, just as you have been strong in caring for your husband. Peace be with you.

By daisy On 2015.04.01 01:48
Deepest sympathy on your loss, Joni. You were both blessed to share your lives together.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers over the coming days. I hope that you will find comfort and peace soon. Hugs..

By VioletV On 2015.04.01 10:41
Dear Joni,
I add my condolences to those already sent from this forum. I am so sorry for your loss.

Violet

By lurkingforacure On 2015.04.02 22:21
I am so sorry as well, and wish you peace and strength as you move through this process. Thank you for letting us know.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you