For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic quiet Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Wildcats1958 On 2015.04.04 21:43
My husband has had PD for 15 years. In the last 6 months he is overly quiet. He is naturally a quiet person but he talks so little now. He says he isn't depressed. There is some slight cognitive problem showing up now, not every day but he can't do the computer, phone etc. like he used to. He stares ahead a lot quietly.

By Lynnie2 On 2015.04.05 12:47
My husband is so much the same had PD for over 7 years and only 66. He has problems speaking because he can't find the words, so he doesn't join in the conversation hardly at all,.
Even talking to me he has problems telling me what he wants. He doesn't do the computer anymore since he is so slow moving the mouse.
It is so sad to see him go this way.
He also has problem with his memory.
The MDS might give him something for that but it won't be until the end of July when he has his next appointment.
Does your husband take anything for his memory? They say it's like the meds they give Alzheimer's patients.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you