For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Cause of Death - Parkinson's Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Witsend On 2015.06.06 00:58
I seem to recall a discussion here at one time about Parkinson's not being considered a fatal disease. My husband and I were always told that as well. I've always thought that was misleading, because if someone loses the ability to swallow due to Parkinson's Disease, as my husband did, then they will die from the inability to swallow (unless placed on a feeding tube). In case it was this forum on which this was discussed, I wanted to let you all know that Parkinson's Disease is on my husband's death certificate as the official cause of death. It is my belief that PD is what he died from, so I was glad to see that.

By LOHENGR1N On 2015.06.06 01:15
Wits, so sorry for your loss and thank you for letting us know that information. Yes we have discussed fatal or not here. And it is misleading if pneumonia makes Alzheimer's and aids fatal how does it not make P.D. fatal. Having it listed as cause of death is important for funding and hopefully finding a cure for those that follow this path in our footsteps. Again condolences and thank you for sharing that information with us. Sincerely Al

By lurkingforacure On 2015.06.06 19:56
Oh my, wits, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for letting us know, and for your contributions here over the years.

By jcoff012 On 2015.06.06 21:56
Bless your heart and I, too, am sorry to hear about your dear husband. May you find some comfort in this time. No one ever knows what to say...only thank you for being a kind friend. Jane

By carman96 On 2015.06.07 09:38
Joni, Thank you for sharing that. It is important information for caregivers of Veterans in order to get survivor benefits. Finally they are putting Parkinson's as cause of death.
I re-read your moving account of your dear husband's final days. I hope you are finding some peace and comfort in your new life without him.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you