For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Rosemary is worth the try Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Trusting On 2015.09.13 12:26
My husband has been suffering with dementia for over a year now. He can't complete his thoughts, he would talk to someone and just stop mid sentence, etc. It was very difficult for anyone to visit and have meaningful conversation.

I know many of you are having some of these same issues with your Parkinson's loved ones.

Recently I read a study that had been done using Rosemary Essential Oil in a trial. They said it improved memory.

Because it is so inexpensive I thought I'd add it to my other oils that I have been diffusing each night. I didn't tell him or anyone else that I was doing this experiment on him. Two weeks later our son came for a visit. He told me it was the first time in almost a year he was able to actually have conversation with his dad. I told him what I had been doing and he said to keep it up. Others around him are beginning to notice it too. This is the only thing that I have changed. I can't guarantee that it will work for you but it sure is worth a try.

Blessings to you.

By Lynnie2 On 2015.09.13 14:37
It sounds like my husband exactly.
We started speech therapy 2 weeks ago. He does a breathing exercise and reads words and sentences right now, but we go to her again tomorrow for a speech assessment.
I will ask her about the rosemary oil and she what she says.
Thanks.

By Mary556 On 2015.09.13 16:10
Thanks for sharing your experience, Trusting. This sounds like a great natural remedy. My Mom has been having more confusion the last three months or so. Sometimes she has not been able to speak in sentences and her random words do not make sense. Rosemary sounds very promising.

If I may ask, do you remember the author of the study? Where does one purchase quality essential oils?

By umajane On 2015.09.13 17:22
Trusting,
how do you use the Rosemary oil???
It sounds interesting

By Mary556 On 2015.09.17 06:45
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/266370.php
This article says that rosemary can interfere with some meds. My Dad takes coumadin, so I'll need to be careful not to diffuse rosemary essential oil into air he will breathe. I want to investigate further for my Mom though.

http://www.best-alzheimers-products.com/aromatherapy-for-alzheimers.html

By Trusting On 2015.09.17 23:42
I just get my Rosemary from Amazon, I use the "Now" brand. I also purchased what is called a diffuser (used no heat) in the same brand b/c it is a little cheaper. You just put water in the diffuser, add a 5-10 drops of Rosemary essential oil and turn it on. I use it at night b/c I also use eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender and any other oils we might want. I use these others for sinus problems. I can't imagine that this small of an amount of oil could interfere with other meds but of course check with my doctor. Mine usually tells me it would take a whole lot of oil to cause any of these side effects.

By Septgirl On 2015.09.22 20:31
I'm really interested in trying this. I'm curious about the timing - you use the diffuser at night, and the results are visible the next day? Or should I try the diffuser during the day?

By Trusting On 2015.09.22 23:07
I use it at night because I can always remember it b/c I use so many other oils at night for our sinus. I won't tell you I noticed it immediately the first day but by the end of the 2nd week there was noticeable difference. Try the daytime if it's easier for you and see.

By Mary556 On 2015.09.23 01:27
thanks again, Trusting.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you