For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Unnerving news Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By makrivah On 2015.09.15 03:46
We received word today that a man in my husband's exercise group has passed away. He was the same age as my husband. I don't know how long he had PD. just a year ago he was doing well enough to walk with a cane, eat a meal served on a white linen tablecloth and converse while we ate. It has shaken us up that he failed that quickly. May he rest in peace. May his charming wife find solace. I hate this disease.

By jcoff012 On 2015.09.15 18:47
I am sorry for the loss of your friend. Whenever I hear this kind of news, I think of our Al, and how sharp he is and how we are all so lucky he is with us. Also, if it helps your husband, Carl's Mom was bright and mobile til the last two months...she had fallen and broke her hip...but, until then, she made it to 80...

Try to not worry. One thing we have learned from having PD in both his Mom, and now Carl, is that we cannot change the inevitable. All we can do is keep going and living our lives the best we can. Hugs to you both, Jane

By makrivah On 2015.09.15 21:58
When it rains, it pours. We received info today that two additional gentleman in my husband's exercise class passed away over Labor Day weekend. So sad.

By LOHENGR1N On 2015.09.16 12:28
Mak, I hear you and feel your pain, numbness at the news, the questions and disbelief. All these losses of friends and fellow warriors in this fight over the years. The empty seats at groups and meetings, screen names that will never respond again. It seems to never get easier, just the opposite, we make connections, offer help and information on symptoms, medications. We share a laugh from time to time then it's all gone and try as one may to avoid it we are forced to face our own future and mortality. We fumble through days slowly reburying the future not looking too far ahead, meet and make friends with others on this journey. Until the dreaded news comes again and we are forced to process all the feelings all over again and go on. We reach out to friends who are left, lean on each other knowing our deepest fears are theirs too with out having to voice them. Then we pull our boots on, lace them up and put one foot in front of the other and trudge on to face the next struggle Parkinson's has waiting for us. Take care G-d bless and hang in there. We're here for you and understand.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you