For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Just to say....... Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Marilyn-NJ On 2015.09.25 12:06
My husband is in year 11 battling PD and Lewy Body dementia. I rarely post but I come to the site to read, and learn, and gain strength. I'm aware of the losses and feel the sadness of seeing screen names disappear from the roster. I suffer from each and every hardship that PD has done to me and our lives. There is nothing like this true living support forum that has always brought me peace. So...last night when a close friend of mine said she understood that my using a home health aide brings me peace of mind - I tried to explain that it was an expensive necessity due to his debilitation and my need to earn a living. I thank each and every one of you for the courage of your postings and your honest glimpses into your lives and your feelings.

By exhausted wife On 2015.09.26 06:49
It is not for peace of mind. It is for survival. Both you and your husband need to live life to the fullest possible for the short time that is left.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you