For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic PWPD Wanting to come with me. Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By sesrohseinop On 2015.11.19 22:41
My PWPD frequently wants to come with me when ever I run errands , visit friends or attend my hobby functions. We are retired and there is only us and our pets that live together. So day to day we are together. I like getting out and having someone else to talk . The problem is when he accompanies me he never can last very long before he needs to go home. I do plan activities that I know he can handle. When I leave him alone he doesn't know what to do with himself. He waits till I get home before he eats. I give him a list of things he can do while I am gone that would help me out. They never get done. Then he gives me additude when I get home. It's not like he can't do anything or can't be left alone. I know that time will come and I will deal with it when I have to.

By carman96 On 2015.11.19 23:19
I hear you. I can't leave my husband alone ever. He has Dementia and he falls a lot. I want to take him to more places but it is difficult for me to take him. Getting him in and out of the car, finding a bathroom and hoping I can get him there on time. Getting him up steps if necessary, or deciding if I need to use the wheelchair. Plus as you said, they get tired and you have to leave early.
Do as much as you can with him as possible. And as much as you can for yourself, while you can.
As you said, that time will come. It has for me, and I can't even go to the grocery store unless he has a caregiver.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you