For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Touchy subject... Separate bedrooms? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By makrivah On 2015.12.26 22:17
I am conflicted... How 'bout you?

By bksquared On 2015.12.27 01:14
I moved to another bedroom long ago. He was keeping me up with leg kicking, coughing, and trips (2-3) to the bathroom. Waking refreshed from a sound sleep was critical to having energy to get through the day. My being in the same bedroom would not prevent him from falling on his nightly trips to the bathroom. So the benefit outweighed any negatives. The move was for the right reasons.

By carman96 On 2015.12.27 09:09
We had separate bedrooms for awhile. But he fell in the bathroom, couldn't get up, and I couldn't hear him. Luckily he was ok, but cold.
Now, same bedroom separate beds. His is next to the bathroom. Sometimes he does ok on his own, sometimes I help him.
At least I have my own blankets and he can't hit or kick me in his sleep!

By sosad25 On 2015.12.27 13:12
Separate rooms as he does make too much noise. I have a monitor so I can hear him if he needs to get up for the bathroom during the night.
Don't know if that will be enough if and when he comes home after the hip fracture rehab. Although he actually stood today and took a few hesitant steps with the PT on the parallell bars.

By Lynnie2 On 2015.12.27 13:47
I am thinking about changing the den to a bedroom for me, if he continues to get up during the night too much.
It's on the same floor and better than being in the basement where I wouldn't hear him as much, but just a little away from the traffic area.

By sippwriter13 On 2016.01.22 02:12
My wife was diagnosed about 6 months ago. We have been sleeping in separate bedrooms for many years. Now that she has been diagnosed I may need to get a monitor, only problem with that is she is a wanderer at night. Parkinson's only added to the problem.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you