For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Hospice Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By michele On 2016.02.28 22:20
My sister and I met with the social worker and nurse from hospice on Friday. I had asked the neurologist about wether palliative care would be beneficial for us at this time and he said yes. But our local hospital only does palliative care if you are in one of their facilities. Thus hospice came out to see if Dad qualified for hospice care. He does! They said he is not necessarily in the 6 months or less category but his decline over the past few months has been significant. We are still working hard to keep him at home and I hope and pray that the things hospice offers will ease our peace of mind a bit. Please keep us in your prayers, you guys are so strong! I admire you all so much. Thanks

By Mary556 On 2016.02.29 20:17
Prayers for your Dad and for all of your family, Michele.
Hope this will be a blessed, peaceful time for you all.

By carman96 On 2016.03.03 23:19
I hope hospice can help you Michele. Most people I know that have used hospice have good things to say. This is a very difficult time for you and it's good to get some help.
I wish you and your family the best.

By moonswife On 2016.03.04 03:59
Michele, I have had to make this decision twice for both my mother, and later my mother in law. They each were living in our home at the time. My mother was actually in hospice care for 18 months. The best part was that I no longer had to take her OUT to the doctor, or lab, but they came to us. Sure we had no expectation of treating the problem she was in hospice for, but they did not hesitate to do a throat culture for strep and treat it as one of the children had it too. Best decisions we ever made, and will not hesitate to use it down the road for my husband. But I hope the road is long and not too bumpy.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you