For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic to Flowers (Marilyn) Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Mary556 On 2016.05.09 12:57
Dear Flowers, I've been reading your messages and think of you and your husband with a prayer that there may be some relief for you soon.
Hoping you do not mind that I started a new thread since I could not find my way back to where you were before.

To look for an aide to help you part-time so that you can get more sleep, this might be a resource: https://www.caring.com/local/in-home-care
There is a place to enter your zip code to generate a list of agencies in your area. When we needed someone stronger than myself to lift my PWP Mom, I found an agency through this search engine. I called the place which had the most positive reviews and they provided excellent help.

Years ago when my Mom was caring for her elderly father, she found someone by word-of-mouth, by calling a local church. they knew of a retired nurse who sat with people in their homes for a few hours at a time. It is good to Network. let more people know you are searching for help. your friends may not have an answer off the top of their heads, but may mention your need to someone else who knows of someone. sometimes help comes from unexpected places.

If it is easier to find someone to assist you during the day, some caregivers use that time to sleep and then plan to be awake during the night.

Maybe a hospital bed would be helpful for your husband, so that you do not need to lift him? If his doctor prescribes one, Medicare will pay the monthly rental. with the push of a button you could raise him to a sitting position to use the urinal during the night without getting out of bed. The side bars help him to lift and turn himself if he still has that ability.

Your situation may be different but maybe one of these ideas might help.
Sorry I could not write sooner. I am caring for my elderly Dad who had another hospitalization recently. Then I misplaced my password to the forum.
I just wanted to say thank you for your kind heart, Flowers. I am happy that you are here.

Mary

God bless all PWPs and caregivers.

By flowers12 On 2016.05.14 23:30
Mary you are such a caring person. Thank you so much for your response. I know I have to find some help. Our son who lives with us loves his Dad and is always there to help him but he says he doesn't think he can do the bathroom duty. I know it's hard the first time to have to wipe a butt and maybe a son can't see himself doing it. I don't know....... He says if he had to he would but I try to time my few minutes away around my honey's bathroom time.
It's just getting harder all the time. This is the most difficult time of our lives.
Bless you Mary.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you