For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Self Care Madness Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By VioletV On 2016.07.10 20:52
In a moment of self-care madness I've just signed up for a half-day Fall Foliage kayak tour in October. Taking bets on whether when the day comes I'll actually be able to go.

By jcoff012 On 2016.07.10 20:57
Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Yea!!!

By lurkingforacure On 2016.07.11 11:09
I really value your contributions here on the forum, VV, and truly hope that you get to go on that trip:)

Make whatever preparations you need to ahead of time, to ensure that you will be able to go when October rolls around.

By VioletV On 2016.07.13 23:43
Thanks all -- I'm so looking forward to this. Earlier this summer I had four days away to visit my daughter in California. We packed in a sail, opera, several delish dinners out, an afternoon nap, hanging out with the grandchildren and an afternoon at the beach. So nice to have a very different kind of tiredness. And I learned from it that I just have to have sometime away from the stress for a couple of days every quarter.

By makrivah On 2016.07.14 18:56
VioletV, Amen to your philosophy. I too plan a short trip (2-4 days) about every quarter. It soothes the soul and decompresses the stress. For now, my daughters have their Dad stay in one of their homes. As things progress, I'm sure I'll need to bring in an aide to stay with him in our own home. these getaways are not extravagant or expensive, but critically important.

By Maddie52 On 2016.07.15 14:17
I too am going to get away for 6 nights in August. Going to see my sister in California. I haven't worked out all the details for who will stay with Gregg but I agree its important to really get away. I usually visit her every summer but normally for only 4 nights. This time we have planned an additional 2 nights in San Francisco and I'm really looking forward to it. Thank heavens she visits me 2 or 3 times a year.
Hugs to all
M

By flowers12 On 2016.07.15 20:06
Violet, I'll keep good thoughts and prayers that everything will work out for you to be able to get away. I so wish I could find a way to get away even overnight. I think the best I'll be able to do will be to have 4 hours hiding away in the back room when I pay someone to come in. That will be a good start to see how my honey handles it.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you