For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Ethics of the forum? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By VioletV On 2016.07.26 08:04
I've just read and responded to Annie's recent thread. I find myself motivated to copy her posting and a couple of others about issues that, in my mind, are related to physical emotional and financial abuse in relationships where one partner has Parkinson's. I'm thinking about contacting my colleagues at the National Domestic Violence Hotline, where I've done training in the past, to ask if they are getting calls about such situations and if they feel that they have sufficient information to respond.

My question to all is whether I may copy postings from this form to send to someone who is not a member for the purpose of educating the service providers. What do you think?

By jcoff012 On 2016.07.26 12:48
Unless the posters give you permission to copy their words, I would strongly advise against it! People post here wanting advice or to simply vent, so be careful to not invade their privacy.

We all know you are a compassionate, kind soul, and you want to help, but why not post links to organizations instead? Just my opinion.

By VioletV On 2016.07.26 16:34
That's why I asked.

I think instead I will just email the director of the hotline with my own view of how the DV hotline and local programs might want to learn about the crossover between abuse and problematic behavior by PD-affected spouses.

Then, if they are interested I'll ask individual posters if I may share what they have written. I think that feels better.

By lurkingforacure On 2016.07.26 16:49
The hotline folks could certainly come read this forum themselves, it's public to anyone who needs/wants to participate. All you would need to do is provide them the url and they could search on whatever topics they wanted, seems the easiest.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you