For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Problem solved Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2016.09.27 20:49
This morning I had to have cataract surgery on my left eye. It was a bit more complicated than most because of my monthly eye injections, so I know Carl was worried. So, I became proactive and called the surgeon to ask if he could wait with me before and after surgery, so I could watch HIM! I explained about his PD, etc.

They were great! My blood pressure ramped up at first, but dropped 40 points when I saw him and sat with him...it was a positive experience for us both.

I guess the moral is, don't become stressed, simply explain the circumstances of PD...the nurses understood it was important for him to make sure I was ok, and important for me to see him relaxed...one stayed with him, got him a magazine, and explained all that was going on.

Being proactive is the only way to handle PD stress situations! Give it a try! Hugs

By bksquared On 2016.09.27 22:35
So glad things went well. You deserve it. It is great to share in a positive experience.

By jcoff012 On 2016.09.28 16:14
Thanks! It is sooo easy to be overwhelmed by PD! If you ARE able to plan, and mostly, be honest about PD, it really makes every situation much more manageable!

By VioletV On 2016.09.29 13:58
Hope it went well. My husband had bilateral cataract surgeries over a 6 week period in the spring. It was an easy process and his vision is much improved. He can read without glasses and with distance glasses his ability to see things when we are driving makes him much less anxious and less of a back-seat-driver. Win for me, too!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you