For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Really Dude!! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By SparkysGal On 2016.10.10 10:34
My dear husband, who has been diagnosed with PD for 17 years and has been blessed with very slow progression, has increasingly started asking me to do things for him. I understand and am happy to comply to make his life easier. On Saturday he was particularly demanding, had a bit of anger management problems (which I have a low tolerance of). He had asked me to get him things from the basement, get him a drink, help him move some stuff, etc. He was taking a nice soaking bath and asked me to help him with his back and cut his toenails. He is diabetic as well and this is something that I need to do for him anyway. Then, he asked me if I would shave him. I gave him a look and said, "I think you can handle that yourself" and he laughed and said "ok, I was just seeing how far I could push you before you said no."

Really.
I just needed to share.

By makrivah On 2016.10.10 18:56
Thank you for sharing.

By lurkingforacure On 2016.10.10 19:35
Yes, thank you. What was your response when he said that, if you don't mind?

By SparkysGal On 2016.10.11 07:14
Well we had a rather contentious morning and humor typically diffuses things in our house, so I just shook my head and said something to the effect of "One of these days Alice... to the moon!" and laughed and shook my head again. Those old enough to remember The Honeymooners and Jackie Gleason will understand. He chuckled and started to get out of the tub and said, "well I better get the razor myself too..."

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you