|[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]|
|You are not logged in|
Our Hospice group - Transitions Life Care - told us about this service. MedCure is there to help with the end of life. We both signed up for it. How it works is that you contact them and go through a pretty rigorous discussion with them and complete some pretty serious documents. Then a month or so later you hear from them and they tell you if you have been accepted into their program. We were.|
Here is how it will work:
1. There is absolutely no fees involved, which is wonderful.
2. When one of us passes away, MedCure is to be called. They have already made arrangements with a local funeral home to come to pick you up.
3. The funeral homes comes and picks up the body.
4. From them on, MedCure takes over for the next 4 weeks. The body is utilized by whatever medical or research facility has a need for your body - for my husband, it will probably to to a PD research facility.
5. Then they cremate the body.
6. They ship the cremated remains back to you.
That is it. No charges at all.
We thought this was wonderful. I know it is not for everyone, but it is an option for all to consider.