For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic I'm so exhausted I found this funny Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By lurkingforacure On 2016.11.15 14:36
Yesterday my husband had another poo accident. I was getting ready to drive our youngest to school and then go to a business meeting when I smelled the tell-tale smell and went into the bedroom, and there he was, wiping it up with our towels, the sheet he had removed from the bed, clothes that he had left lying on the floor, and the pads I put on the bed under the sheet that he keeps taking off because he "doesn't need those."

A family member had suggested that I tell him to clean his accidents up himself (he can easily do this). So yesterday I tried this. Ha.
I came home from work to find the crappy towels, sheet, clothes, and pads crammed into the wicker hamper and set by the washing machine. I asked him did he need help using the washing machine because the hamper was smelling up the house. He ignored me and we had dinner and went to bed.

This morning I told him the house was really smelling, and that he needed to take care of the mess and did he understand how to use the washing machine (we have the simplest kind, with only 4 choices, so this is not an issue). He told me he was going to take care of it by throwing everything away instead of cleaning it and I could BILL him if I didn't like it! It was so absurd I laughed and laughed. Normally this would make me mad, but I'm just so worn out I find his response hilarious.

By LOHENGR1N On 2016.11.15 16:04
Good for You! Life with this Disease boarders on the absurd so often Ya just have to laugh. Those times the world is crumbling around you. Everything is turned upside down, sideways and inside out and we can manage a laugh it is a wee victory over the P.D.

By Busymom On 2016.11.16 15:29
I know, right??? Sometimes the complete outer limits this disease throws your house into just makes you stand there and laugh to tears. You can't help it, it's like either laugh hysterically or have a nervous breakdown...

Incidentally, did he make good on his solution and throw the stuff out?

By lurkingforacure On 2016.11.16 22:56
Well, he threw half of it away and left the other half for me to deal with. I asked him if he wanted to clean the remaining items and he said it was up to me (he kept trying to make it "my" problem) so I told him since he didn't care enough to clean them himself I wasn't going to either, and I junked them.

I have to say, though, it was hard to do that, because I hate to waste. I guess I'm more exhausted than I am thrifty these days, because into the trash they went.

By exhausted wife On 2016.11.17 07:09
I read all your posts. You are really tolerant. And I really am blessed with a kind husband. Sometimes frustrating but basically a good soul struggling with a nasty disease. I remind myself that every morning in private prayers.

May I pass on a tip I learned when I quit smoking 45 years ago? Keep track of the cost of the waste, every single part. At the end of six months, add up the cost. This includes the extra clean up part. Just as I added up the cost of my bad habit, you should add up the cost of this "problem." Then give your husband the tally. It will astound you both. And maybe cause some serious change in behavior.

Just a thought.

By lurkingforacure On 2016.11.17 13:19
Thank you, exhaustedwife (boy, can we all relate to your moniker!). That's an interesting idea, I'm going to give it a try and see if it helps.

By Lynnie2 On 2016.11.17 20:16
The other night I woke up hearing some water splashing and realized my spouse was peeing on the bedroom carpet. I hurried him to the bathroom, but his pj's were soaked too.
I have to give him a pill to make him sleep better and sometimes when he first gets up to go to the bathroom, he is more groggy, and gets confused where the bathroom is.
I was able to soak it up with a towel so it didn't stain the carpet.
The next night he got to the bathroom, but missed most of the toilet and so his pj's were soaked wet again.
At least he made it to the bathroom this time. lol
Hopefully tonight is better.

By lurkingforacure On 2016.11.20 11:39
Well, I spoke too soon. I THOUGHT my husband had thrown the soiled items in the trash and taken them to the curb, but all he did was put them in a bigger trash can, not even in a plastic bag first to seal them, and then set that right outside the back door!

I've mentioned to him several times that he needs to take care of it but so far, there they still sit. Why won't he help with this? And yesterday we had yet another accident because he refuses to wear any protective items. I don't know if he is clean to be in the kitchen and the kids are not wanting to eat anything that is already opened because they don't know if it's safe. He bites off pieces of cheese right off the cheese block instead of cutting off a piece with a knife, eats directly out of containers, the kids have opened the sour cream container and found half eaten chips stuck in it, I don't know what to do. They want me to buy them a mini-fridge for the room and until recently I've resisted, but now with the increasing toilet accidents I'm thinking it might be safer from a hygiene standpoint. Has anyone had to deal with this?

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you