For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Gut Bacteria Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2016.12.01 23:54
I am still reading the latest news on PD, but it looks as if the bacteria found in the stomach in a PWP is different than the bacteria found in a non-PWP. The scientists are saying that after further research they may soon be able to treat with probiotics, but they would not be like the ones already available to the public...more after i read further...watch the news!

By lurkingforacure On 2016.12.02 10:40
Jane, there is a lot of research in the fecal transplant area, google that for more. I have offered to "share" my gut bacteria with my husband via a DIY home-based fecal transplant but he has never been interested. There are lots of youtube videos on the subject if you're interested.

FWIW, we have tried almost every probiotic out there, including the very expensive refrigerated brands at upscale health stores. We could not tell any difference, unfortunately.

By jcoff012 On 2016.12.02 20:29
Fecal implantation does not sound like the same thing, IMHO. What the scientists seem to be saying is that the new strain of probiotics are yet to be developed, the current ones are not yet potent enough to really help PWP. They are saying that this holds great hope...I guess we need more information and more research. The MJF Foundation posted something yesterday, too...my sources were from researchers...

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you