For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic I had to see a doctor for stress Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Trusting On 2016.12.10 01:42
I went through about a month of just not feeling good. Finally decided I better see a doctor and I'm glad I did. He thought my lack of energy was due to not getting a full nights sleep. Of course when he wanted to give me a sleep aid I had to remind him that I have to listen for my husband at night. He assured me it was a low dose and I'd be okay. He really does seem to understand the stress a caregiver goes through and has given me something to help with my stress because he knows I have to feel good to take care of my husband.
I'm saying all of this to remind you to not feel guilty if you have to seek some medical help for yourself once in a while. I am now sleeping better, am less stressed and am regaining my lost energy. I hope if you are needing some stress relief you won't be afraid to talk to your doctor. He will understand what you are going through.

By flowers12 On 2016.12.10 12:36
Trusting, good for you for taking care of yourself. I think I just feel like there is nothing that will help. The situation is so bleak and knowing things can never get better is so disheartening. I did start taking Vitamin B12 last month and I think it has helped me handle the stress a little better. Sleep is the one thing that I know would help but that is not something that I can get much of.

By flowers12 On 2016.12.27 14:42
Trusting, I'd like to know if the medication you got is helping with your stress. I have a doctors appointment next week and I wonder if taking something for stress and depression will make a difference. Considering that our caregiver situation only gets worse as time goes by. I do think I have to do something for myself because I really feel I can't stand this much longer and want to just scream.

Christmas was a nightmare, my hubby was a zombie during the day had a really bad episode at night where he scared me and chased me around and then went outside in the freezing cold and just stood there for about 10 minutes. I finally got him inside and then he was fine. I'm going to call the neuroligist and get him started on either seraquel or nuplazid. I have to find a way to keep him from these terrible episodes before he hurts himself or me.

By jcoff012 On 2017.01.17 17:33
Just want you to know that I read your posts before the first of the year, and it gave me the courage to breakdown in my primary care's office...she is sending me to counseling for stress management...said better now than later!

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you