For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Important Notice to All Users Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jsmitch On 2017.01.17 10:14
Unless you have been living under a rock for the past year, you are aware of Russian hacking in the news. These bad guys' activities are not limited to big companies, government agencies and political parties.

Over the past few months I've seen an increased effort to gain access to our forum. Most of these efforts are probing actions to see how the site is built and if there are any security vulnerabilities which they can exploit -- not so much targeting forum users but to use the site as a
relay platform for their SPAM and malware.

I can only monitor activity on the site so much. Please be vigilant. Please be cautious of any link you see posted in the forum in a first time post. Report any suspicious posts using the contact form.

Thanks -- Jim

By makrivah On 2017.01.17 20:39
Thanks for the heads up!

By VioletV On 2017.01.17 21:22
Jim, will you post in the main forum too?

Thanks for the warning. What strange times we are living in.

By jsmitch On 2017.01.17 23:02
I prefer to keep the web admin and maintenance issues @ the non-caregiver specific area. Anyone and all can read.

Jim

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you