For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic unsolicted advice Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By FormerCaregiver On 2017.02.14 13:10
[deleted]

By Mary556 On 2017.02.14 13:41
FC, you are a kind and thoughtful person. Thank you for sharing your wisdom here.

By lurkingforacure On 2017.02.14 20:31
Thank you for taking the time to share this.

By LOHENGR1N On 2017.02.15 11:30
Describing His driving I believe I'd rethink letting him drive. The way you describe it, it is an accident waiting to happen. It isn't safe for you, your grandchildren or anyone else on the road. hope it doesn't take a fatality to stop His driving. Just my two cents on that matter.

By lurkingforacure On 2017.02.15 12:47
I'll go farther than Al and say that given your post, he needs to give up driving yesterday. It'll make your job harder, yes, but you won't have to worry about killing or disabling an innocent person or child.

By Elaine7 On 2017.02.15 21:17
I agree that your DH needs to give up driving, but I am wondering if he is going to give up driving willingly. I have been battling this subject for over 2 years. Now I've had to hide the keys. We've had many fights over this issue even though his doctors have told him that he shouldn't be driving.

By flowers12 On 2017.02.15 23:11
Not being able to drive anymore is a very difficult thing for most people. My hubby let me do most of the driving for years so not driving wasn't an issue but the thought of "not being able to" was very hard on him. I was lucky that his drivers license was up for renewal and he had to take the test to renew. It was very sad when we went in to the DMV and the clerk took one look at him and looked at me with a questioning look. I said he would like to take the test for his renewal. I knew he wouldn't be able to pass it but he needed to do it his way. They have computers now and he couldn't figure it out. They let him sit down at a table and take the test on paper but he just couldn't do it. They told him he didn't pass the test but if he wanted he could come back another day and retake it. He said he would come back and retake it. After a few days went by we talked about it and we decided that he really was not in good shape to drive and he always let me drive anyway. We decided he would just get his California ID instead of trying to retake the test. It was a little sting to him but he has only once in the last two years asked about driving. He was more concerned about not having a drivers license for ID but I show him his California ID which looks very much like a regular license and that seems to appease him. I was lucky to not have to make it my decision but I still keep his keys hidden just in case.

By FormerCaregiver On 2017.02.16 08:33
Thank you to those of you got my meaning. To the others, I hope you find peace. Gone now.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you