For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic If you had one wish....? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2017.02.22 18:13
As I lay next to Carl snoring away this morning, I was thinking about that very question!

For me, it was simple...I wish I could give Carl the certainty that as he worsens, he will always know we love him and always will. I would have to include, too, I wish that he could rest, knowing that as such a great husband, father, brother, and friend, he will find eternal peace. He deserves that because he has earned it.

What is your wish?

By flowers12 On 2017.02.22 21:11
Ohhh, I would wish big, for a miracle cure. Unrealistic I know at this stage. I wish my honey wouldn't have to go on too long in this hell of a state and getting worse. He's not happy and tells me more often now that he can't do anything. I don't want to lose him but I hate seeing him deteriorating each day. What will I do without him though. He's been such a good man all his life that I know he will find peace.

By umajane On 2017.02.22 23:51
I wish I had one more day with my husband who passed away 7 months ago.
Just one more day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By jcoff012 On 2017.02.23 12:30
Bless you both!

By lurkingforacure On 2017.02.23 12:56
A cure! And not just for PD, but for MS, Alzheimer's, cancer, the whole works. Sure, it'll put a lot of people out of work, but I doubt I'll lose any sleep over the CEOs of big pharma having to find another job.

If I get just the one wish, it's going to be big!

By Lynnie2 On 2017.03.11 11:36
I wish my husband doesn't suffer too much during the last stages of his horrible disease. I dread the time when he has to go to a nursing home.
I know it will kill him to be in a place like that. He also has dementia so beside the Parkinson's he has to deal with those feelings he has about things.
We have to take one day at a time right now.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you