For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Apokyn....any experiences to share? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By makrivah On 2017.06.11 15:31
On Wednesday, the doctors started my PWP on Apokyn injections as needed to keep OFF times to a minimum. There was a short thread on this a year ago, but I hope there are more stories to share. Thank you in advance.

By pinki53 On 2017.06.11 16:57
First I've heard of it. I'm searching for some info now.

I may have been totally wrong about "on" and "off" for all this time. I thought my PWPs meds were working cause I don't see tremors. But according to what I'm reading, "off" is described as trouble talking, slow to start moving, muscle stiffness. My PWP is this way all the time. Does this mean he's always "off" and his meds aren't working?
I need to talk to his neuro.

I also found this:
Before using Apokyn, tell your doctor if you have an electrolyte imbalance (such as low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood), a slow heart rate, low blood pressure or dizzy spells, a history of "Long QT syndrome," a history of stroke or heart attack, asthma, sulfite allergy, or liver or kidney disease.
You may have increased sexual urges, unusual urges to gamble, or other intense urges while taking this medication. Talk with your doctor if you believe you have any intense or unusual urges while taking Apokyn."

My PWP has low potassium. Has been hospitalized twice. Takes potassium daily. So might not be for him. And I don't like those side effects!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you