For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Drooling Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Lynnie2 On 2015.08.24 09:55
I have talked about this before but lately my husband has been drooling more and more.
Is there any kind of medication he could take that would not interfere with A Fib (irregular heart beat).
He has botox for his eye problem so maybe they would give him something for the drooling. We also see his family doctor soon so maybe he can help.
The last 2 nights he has gotten up in the night because it was coming out excessively
I gave him a towel to put under his chin to help. I know someone mentioned a bib but he won't wear that.
Do you think drinking more water would help at all as he doesn't seem to drink much unless I remind him .

By LOHENGR1N On 2015.08.24 10:42
Lynnie, you might want to ask his neurologist about a very low dose of Artaine before bed time. I have no idea what he is on for medication, the neurologist will know if he can take it and if there would be interactions with his other meds. It's an older medication that is used at times to help with drooling. Hope this helps. Take care, best of luck and hang in there

By umajane On 2015.08.26 00:47
Lynnie,
My husband had had botox shots twice now and it has really cut down on the drooling. It is rather amazing.

DISCLAIMER: This website shares news, information, personal opinions, and experiences related to Parkinson's disease and caring for people with Parkinson's. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website and its discussion forum.

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by people like you